Seite 1 von 3 123 LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 1 bis 10 von 21

Standard Neuigkeiten und Previews

Die Krawallos haben ihre ersten, auf der E3 erhaltenen Eindrücke geschildert. Es wird ein wenig über die frei begehbare Welt, die Gegner, die Optik und das Upgraden der Ausrüstung erzählt.

Standard

Eurogamer hat ein paar Statements von Irrational Games Boss Ken Levine online gestellt, die sich auf die Zusammenarbeit mit EA und 2K Games beziehen.

Spieler-Gott Avatar von Avantenor

Standard

Nach langer Funkstille gibt es neues aus der Welt von Bioshock. Die Fansite "Through The Looking Glass" hat von Irrational die Möglichkeit bekommen ein paar Fragen an Ken Levine einzureichen. Sechs Fragen wurden vom Chefentwickler höchstpersönlich beantwortet. Über das Spiel selbst gibt es kaum neue Informationen, doch zum Designprinzip und die Überlegungen im Hintergrund erfährt man etwas mehr, und damit auch ein wenig zum Setting.

TTLG: How do you induce players to reflect upon the morality of their own actions in an environment where survival overrides other goals? Is the existence of a Higher Authority passing judgment necessary for a system of morality?

Ken Levine: No, you just have to put the moral choice right in the player's nose. There have been lots of games where you make moral choices as follows:

Lord Doofus: So, Paladin, tell me this: Will you join the forces of light, or will you side with King Demonik's infernal army?

You: 1) Hook me up with that shiny plate mail! I'm your man, Doofus! Now can I have that scroll of Seraphic Summoning?

2) Screw you Doofus! I want me some of that hellfire? Now can you point me to the helpless widows and orphans?
    What always bugs me about this is that it ignores the key component of what compels people to do nasty things: need. In BioShock, we put you in a terrible world that has exploited the weakest members of that world in horrible ways. Then we put you in a situation in which, in order to survive, it's pretty damn tempting to exploit the weak yourself. And there's no moral authority telling you what to do, what's right and wrong.
    The people who exploited the Little Sisters in Rapture were motivated by ideology and their survival instincts. Any player who plays BioShock is going to be very tempted to exploit the Little Sisters, too, because now it's their life on the line. That's going to lead, I hope, to an understanding of how terrible things happen. It brings the player into the process of evil, and maybe makes them understand how terrible things happen, even when basically good people are involved.

This is going to sound quaint in the world of Grand Theft Auto, but I remember back when we were working on Thief - the original version of the mission where you're supposed to kill a local crime boss had you being hired by a bunch of merchants to assassinate the guy. They didn't like him because he was shaking them down and they wanted him dead. So your mission was to go into the guy's home and murder him, taking what you will along the way.

There were a lot of people at Looking Glass who were uncomfortable with this. So they insisted that the mission be rewritten that Ramirez tried to kill you first. I thought it was a cop out. Garrett wouldn't need to be motivated in self defense. He was motivated by money. That's what defined him.
    Interview @ TTLG

Standard

GBASE hat aus diesem englischen Gamespot-Artikel ein paar Dinge herausgefiltert.

Standard

Noch mehr Zusammengefasstes aus dem Gamespot-Artikel.

Standard

Bei IGN gibts eine neue Preview.

Zocker Avatar von MasterBlubb

Standard

Auf gamestar.de gibt es ein paar neue Bilder zu bioshock...
    Link

Standard

Gamespy hat heute ein neues Interview mit Ken Levine online gestellt. Keine großartigen Enthüllungen, jedoch ein erstaunlich offenes Geständnis zu den Anfängen der Entwicklung.

GameSpy: How difficult is it to craft "atmosphere" in a project like this?

Levine: Well, if you judge it by how many times we failed, then it was pretty difficult. We didn't hit it until less than a year ago. I remember the first demo we delivered to 2K Games, after they spent millions of dollars on buying us, was something that I brought to them and I said, "You know what? This is a piece of shit!" And to their credit (they said), "OK, well what are you going to do about it?" And instead of flipping out, we sat down and made a bunch of changes; we refocused and we got the world right.

That was a huge process. Originally the game didn't look anything like it is now. It wasn't this beautiful, unique utopia, but instead it was very traditional looking. We didn't have the little girls and the big daddies; we didn't have that relationship, and it really didn't have the heart of what makes BioShock. So we said that instead of trying to make the whole thing at once, let's try and get one room right. Let's get one character right. We didn't have any monsters or anything like that, so we concentrated on doing one thing at a time. We just worked on it and worked on it until we had one thing right, and that's how the game evolved.
    Zum Interview

Standard

Doppelpost

Standard

Die Gamestar hat zwei neue Screens, die besonders die Action-Lastigkeit betonen.

Seite 1 von 3 123 LetzteLetzte