PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Soundausfall und Absturz

MrKaese
01.07.2007, 18:37
Grüßt euch,
Ich habe bei Overlord folgendes Problem. Nachdem ich ca. 5-10 min gespielt habe, fällt mein Ton einfach aus. Ich kann dann nur ohne Ton weiterspielen. Wenn ich dann aber das Spiel ausmache, um es neu zustarten, schmiert auch mein Rechner ab. Kennt jemand das Problem und vielleicht auch dessen Lösung?

mfG MrKaese

tigerduck
05.07.2007, 11:46
bis jetzt noch nicht.
Was hast du denn für ein System. Schon alle aktuellen Treiber installiert.
gib mal input :-)

Leberle
05.07.2007, 12:55
das mit dem sound hab ich ähnlich auch: mir fallen plötzlich die soundeffekte und die sprachausgabe aus. Musik und vogelgezwitscher läuft aber weiter :-S sehr nervig.... kommt aber nur ab und an vor und ist dann meistens nach einem levelwechsel (also turm und zurück oder so) wieder ok.

Avantenor
05.07.2007, 13:00
Habt Ihr Vista? Da gab's afaik Probleme gerade im Zusammenhang mit Sound-Hardware. Teilweise mit Abstürzen.

Leberle
05.07.2007, 13:01
ne, hab noch xp, aber mit allen patches und service packs.

Aber ich hab ne onboard soundkarte, wo die unterstützung ja nicht gewährleistet ist. Aber ich kann damit leben, tritt wie gesagt nur sehr sporadisch auf und ist meistens schnell wieder weg.

Avantenor
05.07.2007, 13:11
Hab gerade nochmal im Offiziellen gesucht, das ist ein Problem mit Windows und spontanen Freezes, v.a. bei Creative-Karten.

Found a solution to this problem. It is indeed caused by Vista and the X-Fi Vista support, including DirectSound. However, there is a way to work around it.

Creative, in their wisdom, has made a program called "ALchemy", which you can download from their website. I'll try to make this as detailed a description as possible.

First off, download ALchemy from Creative.com. You will find it under "Support" -> "Downloads" -> Select product: X-Fi\Sound Blaster\<your model here>\

Select Windows Vista 32/64-bit (depending on your operating system) and select "Application". In the upcoming list find "Creative ALchemy (X-Fi Edition)" and download it. After downloading it you install it and then reboot your computer.

When this is done, you go to your Start menu, click "All Programs" find the menu called "Creative" and under that the "ALchemy X-Fi" folder. Start "Creative ALchemy (X-Fi Edition)". Once the program has started up, you'll most likely see some games getting added. You can put all these games into the list of "ALchemy-enabled games". This will make sure that you can use hardware audio and effects such as EAX.

If you cannot see Overlord in this list however (as I couldn't), you will have to manually add it. To do this press the "Add" button.

In the Game Title field, write "Overlord" (or anything else you might prefer). In the next point, named "Location" select "Use Registry Path". In the field just below that, type (or copy-paste):
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Codemasters\Overlord\I nstallPath
The word is "InstallPath", I don't know why there's a space

Let the rest be as it is, press OK and then just close the ALchemy window. Try to start up Overlord, make a new game, and it should work.

Good luck everyone, I hope this will help you.