PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Forenwatch / Foren-FAQ

alceleniel
28.05.2007, 11:50
In unregelmäßigen Abständen wollen wir euch auf interessante Threads im offiziellen Dragon Age-Forum von Bioware aufmerksam machen und interessante Entwicklerkommentare zitieren.

Die Entwickler bei Bioware:
David Gaider - Lead Writer
Ferret A Baudoin - Senior Designer
Mary Kirby - Writer

Abkürzungen: DA = Dragon Age, TheDAS = The Dragon Age Setting

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Roleplaying in DA

23.5.2007 02:02 von Planetus
How much true roleplaying will there be in DA? [...]

23.5.2007 11:12 von David Gaider
*shrug* I'm not sure that I equate roleplaying with there needing to be every possible choice available. You will be able to do what is in context with the story, of course. It's not about running around the world and doing whatever comes to mind -- there are specific goals at hand.

As far as individual quests, there will generally be options as to how to complete them but there's never going to be every option. I remember in the beginning of Hordes there was an encounter with some kobolds holed up in a bar that had something like six different methods of completion -- and while it was an interesting experiment, that one tiny encounter required so much work it was almost mind-boggling and almost got cut because the complexity introduced too many bugs. So the idea, I think, is to strike a line somewhere in the middle.

24.5.2007 01:57 von Nighteye2
You could state the intent to provide at least 3 options for every quest, and then work on that with each new quest that gets written...

24.5.2007 04:10 von David Gaider
I'm no more interested in forcing such options if none seem necessary than I am in forcing a good and evil "path" onto every quest just to have it. Some quests are very simple and they only have one manner of completion, others have more -- others have a lot more. If you want to write a game where there is a design rule of 3 options minimum no matter what -- be my guest.
Quelle (http://forums.bioware.com/viewtopic.html?topic=565760&forum=84)

--- mehr Thread der letzten Wochen auf www.dragon-age-game.de (http://www.dragon-age-game.de/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=24&Itemid=61)---

alceleniel
06.06.2007, 07:58
Lead Writer David Gaider hat im Off. Forum verraten woran sie gerade arbeiten:

"At the moment, the writers are going through the dialogue in the game and writing up VO notes ("this line should be spoken with restrained shock, as if someone just ripped off your towel"). The programmers, meanwhile, are running through all the lines and having it spoken by the computer so they get an idea of timing... so currently the game sounds like it's been VO'd by Stephen Hawking, which is a bit bizarre.

But the actually VO recording won't come until much later."

Zusammengefasst heißt das, dass die Autoren gerade alle Dialoge durchgehen und Voice Over-Notizen machen, also Notizen wie genau bestimmte Texte gesprochen werden sollen. Die Programmierer lassen mitlerweile die Texte vom Computer sprechen, um eine Idee für das Timing zu bekommen. Die eigentlichen Sprachaufnahmen werden erst sehr viel später beginnen.

Quelle (http://forums.bioware.com/viewtopic.html?topic=567781&forum=84)

alceleniel
24.06.2007, 15:18
David Gaider über die Gründe warum es nur 3 spielbare Rassen in Dragon Age geben wird

I get that there are people whose idea of fantasy is a world where there are a plethora of races to play (or fight). Maybe part of that comes from D&D, maybe it's influenced by the crop of MMORPG's where race is primarily a simple choice of aesthetics, I'm not really sure. Either way I think the main driving desire behind that is the notion that more races = diversity.

This is understandable. I don't think that races are the only way to get that sort of diversity, mind you... and I would say that Dragon Age is specifically focusing more on the experience that the player will have in this world. Rather than offer a whole bunch of cosmetic choices, we offer a smaller number of choices but try to make them much deeper -- your choice of race and class affect much more than your appearance, they dictate your entire introduction into the game and the world.

I suppose there are some who will still be put out even so, lacking the option to play their favorite sort of gnome or ogre or what have you... and that really can't be helped. Every decision we make on what the Dragon Age world is means there is one more thing it isn't. We're fine with that. We're not trying to please everyone, we're trying to make one thing and make it well enough that perhaps some of these people come to love it for what it is rather than dislike it for what it isn't.
Quelle (http://forums.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=569919&forum=84&sp=15)

Brokkr
25.06.2007, 15:29
Das wären dann übrigens Zwerge, Menschen und Elfen (Reihenfolge rein zufällig:P ). Zumindest ich musste das nochmal nachlesen.

Das empfindet man wohl dann als zu wenig vielfältig, wenn man sehr an den Rassenklischees hängt und immer den typischen Charakter spielt. Ich aber denke, wenn man beispielsweise den Gnom vermisst, dann sollte man einfach einen Zwerg auf gnomische Art und Weise spielen. Also die Dinge, die man mit deiner Lieblingsrasse gern tut, einfach mit der am nächsten liegenden trotzdem tun. Auch wenn das so nicht in den Vorschriften steht. ;)
Andres Beispiel: Ich spiel gern Zwerge. Aber in MW und OB gibt es keine. Also nehm ich mir nen Nord und lass ihn Schwere Rüstung tragen, mit der Axt kämpfen und Met saufen, fertig ist mein Zwergenersatz.

Avantenor
25.06.2007, 15:45
Das kann man in einem CRPG aber nicht unbedingt immer ausspielen. Außerdem fragt man sich, warum es immer nur Elfen, Menschen und Zwerge sein müssen. Man kann gerne auch mal die Elfen und die Menschen weglassen.

Was er hier mit vielen Worten umschrieben hat, ist die Tatsache, daß man sich bei Dragon Age einige Figuren-Models gespart hat.

alceleniel
25.06.2007, 17:38
Die meisten Spieler spielen doch sowieso immer die gleiche Rasse und das sind vermutlich meist Menschen oder Elfen (ich will mich da mal nicht ausschließen). Für manche vielleicht auch kaufentscheidend... ich würde nur ungern einen Troll spielen wollen (außer es passt einfach vom Setting her).

alceleniel
15.08.2007, 20:50
Es gibt übrigens wieder einige Forenwatch-Updates auf der Seite (http://www.dragon-age-game.de) =)

alceleniel
14.09.2007, 20:56
Lange gab es kein Forenwatch-Update mehr. Der Grund ist einfach dieser, dass ich ihn abgeschafft habe... aber keine Sorge, er wurde nur ersetzt: durch das Dragon Age Foren-FAQ (kurz: DAFF). Der Aufbau ähnelt einem FAQ (wer hätte das gedacht) und die Entwicklerbeiträge sind nun alle übersetzt.

Hier noch der Link: Klick mich, ich bin ein DAFF (http://www.dragon-age-game.de/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=36&Itemid=63)

Die Struktur des FAQ stammt - mit freundlicher Genehmigung - von Dragon Age Central (http://www.dragonagecentral.com).