PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Mass Effect 2 Short Film: 'Breaking Jack'

neutrino
27.05.2010, 23:58
Hi guys, I made this short film based on one of the most interesting subplots in the game. Please approach it with an open mind, as if you have never played the game, and you may be surprised how the story unfolds :cool:

You can watch it in HD here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gqe_bizw8wA

Enjoy !

P.S. I apologize that I post in English, but I have not used my German for a while and I will probably make too many mistakes :)

MaDSaM
28.05.2010, 19:41
Can´t view it. As the Tube deems it "private". :(

CU
SaM

neutrino
28.05.2010, 21:04
I am sorry for the inconvenience, I made the video private for the moment, while I try to remove the dialog ring that appears on some places and distracted some viewers. This was actually the only thing that looked kind of strange, other than that it looks as a normal film. I will not cut the dialog, so the flow of the story will remain the same. If I am happy with the result I will upload the new video and post an updated link.

alceleniel
28.05.2010, 21:06
Ok, we'll wait for it :)

neutrino
28.05.2010, 22:29
OK, the video is public again - I tried to hide the dialog ring by zooming on the upper part of the frame in the scenes where it appears, but it didn't look very good - some shots are close-ups and when I zoom they become extreme close-ups and are not framed properly or sometimes important information is hidden, such as characters hands when she gestures. So I left it as I originally uploaded it - it still looks very good, and after all it is a game, can't hide everything ;)

C@t
29.05.2010, 20:35
It is cut very well. :A I like it.
How much time did it take to make it? At a rugh estimate.

neutrino
29.05.2010, 21:19
It is cut very well. :A I like it.
How much time did it take to make it? At a rough estimate.
Thanks! I am not sure exactly when I started but roughly it took about 10 days - adjusting the sound and music was probably the most difficult part as it creates the feeling of continuity and the mood (I recorded without music).

alceleniel
29.05.2010, 21:43
I liked it too. And you can see how cinematic Mass Effect 2 really is. :)

Jasha Shepard
30.05.2010, 16:05
I loved it. "Thumbs up" you did an amazing job! Of course it takes many days to make such a movie as perfect as you want. But it was definitely worth it!

MaDSaM
31.05.2010, 01:23
Looks really great :)
And great editing to boot in the end!

Why don´t you try to remove the Dialogue-Wheel with a chroma-key?
SaM

neutrino
31.05.2010, 02:05
Looks really great :)
And great editing to boot in the end!

Why don´t you try to remove the Dialogue-Wheel with a chroma-key?
SaMThanks! I don't think chroma-keying will work though. As far as I know, it is used to remove a certain color (such as the green in a green screen), but even if I remove the dialog ring somehow I have nothing to show in its place. I tried zooming - it works - but it didn't look good at all in some shots, so I just had to accept the dialog ring. I cut it wherever possible and it appears only if someone is still talking :rolleyes:

Astragone
01.06.2010, 00:07
Very good job! This is great! Please, if you could find some time, bring us more :-) This is a very nice Story of ME2 - And it comes without endless fighting Scenes. So you bring the right spot of the little girl called Jack. Thank you for an amazing Work.

Jasha Shepard
01.06.2010, 12:19
You could cut the questionwheel out... by using Windows Movie maker or something like that. Just cut the few seconds out...