PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Wie funktionieren Level-Listen in Oblivion ?

zyklop
27.03.2006, 14:40
Ein User im Bethesda-Forum, jcarlson, hat einen imho sehr informativen Artikel verfasst, wie Level-Listen (also das Erscheinen von Monstern an best. Orten mit best. Stufen) bei Oblivion funktionieren.
Die Spiel-Mechanik dahinter dürfte Spieler, vor allem aber die Modder unter uns brennend interessieren.

Ok, I have been digging around the Construction Set for a while, and pouring over the TESCS wiki, and figured I would share some information about Level Lists, specifically with respect to Creatures, NPCs and the level enemies you fight, because I know a lot of people here have questions about it, and/or are misinterpereting how it actually works. So here goes nothing...

Intro to Level Lists

A Level List is essentially a List of objects that can spawn in the game at a given location. Associated with each creature on the list is a level value, which corresponds to the minimum PC level required for that creature to be able to spawn. Level Lists can be set up either to A) randomly spawn any creature whose associated PC spawn level is below the actual PC level, or spawn only the creature whose associated PC spawn level is closest to, but not exceeding the actual PC level.

Example (simplified) Level List

1 Rat
1 Wolf
1 Deer
6 Timber Wolf
12 Mountain Lion
16 Brown Bear

Lets assume our PC is level 12. If the list is configured for case A above, then there is an equal chance for a Rat, Wolf, Deer, or Mountain Lion to spawn. There is a 0% chance for a Bear to spawn, because the required spawn level is greater than the PC's level. If the list is configured for case B, then only a Mountain Lion could spawn, because it has the closest required spawn level to the PC actual level, WITHOUT exceeding it. By far, the most common configuration is the A type level list, so even when a PC is high level, he will still encounter many lower level spawns in addition to the higher level ones.

Creatures

Basic Creatures

Lets start with the most basic of enemies. This is, of course, the random, non-magical animal encounter, including your mudcrabs, rats, deer, wolves, boars, bears, and mountain lions. These creatures are all randomly spawned in the wild according to the player level. HOWEVER, contrary to popular belief, all of these creatures levels are FIXED. You will never find a normal rat or deer at anything but level 1, for example, and you will never find a normal mountain lion at anything but level 10, or a brown bear at anything but level 14, regardless of the PC's level. Consequently, when you first venture out into the wilderness you won't find anything other than rats, wolves, deer, etc., but as you level up, you will see mountain lions and bears start to spawn in addition to lower level mobs. However, no matter how high your level gets, you will NEVER see these creatures "gain levels" with you.

Mythic Creatures

Another type of enemy you may encounter are Mythic Creatures. These are in separate from normal creatures and their level lists generally have them spawn around ruins and other distinctive features. These include imps, spriggans, trolls, ogres, etc. These function almost exactly like the normal creatures listed above, with one very notable exeption. In general, the HIGHEST LEVEL type of creature on the List is set to vary with the PC level by some offset (PC level -3, PC level +2, etc.). The end result of this is that while the lower level types of these enemies will get significantly easier as you level up, because they are fixed level creatures, when you encounter the highest level of these creatures, they will gain levels with you (presumably so the PC always has something challenging to fight).

Daedra

Daedra, even though they have their own separate Level Lists, function almost exactly like Mythic Creatures, in that only the highest level types will level up along with the player. (basically just Xivilai and Dremoras). All atronachs and lesser daedra are fixed level.

Undead

Ditto for undead too. Randomly generated ghosts, skeletons, and zombies are all fixed level, and the high level liches level up with the PC.

NPC's

Bandit/Outlaw type enemy NPC's

Generally speaking, all randomly generated enemy NPCs that you would typically find in a cave or in a smuggler's camp somewhere level up along with the PC.

Named NPC's

Name'd NPC's are not governed by Level Lists and typically fall into either Merchant-types or combat-type NPCs. Merchants, in general, but not always, will have a fixed level. Combatants (including NPC's involved with quests), in general, but not always, will level up with the PC.

Guards

Guards typically gain levels along with the PC. It is interesting to note that they have one of the highest level offsets in the game, at PC Level +10. They are limited to some pretty crappy armor and weapons though, so that should give the PC an advantage at higher levels.

Final Thoughts

I'll be the first to admit that I was skeptical about the new Level Lists in Oblivion when I first heard about them, however upon closer inspection, they are really starting to grow on me. Generally, they ensure that any quest or dungeon the PC encounters while roaming the countryside is doable, assuming the PC is moderately prepared and the developers didn't intentionally throw a non-random high level creature into the mix. At the same time, because the vast majority of creatures have fixed levels, the player feels a sense of accomplishment from leveling up, because eventually they will be significantly stronger than, and able to one shot, the wolves, bears, and even atronachs that previously were tough fights. Because, typically, lower level monsters still have a chance to spawn even when the PC is high level, the AVERAGE level and toughness of creature the PC fights gets lower and lower as they level up, again, giving a sense of accomplishment. However, there is always the chance of a higher level creature spawning which will really give the PC a run for their money, and keep the game challenging.

I do have one gripe though, and that's the guards. There should really be a level cap imposed on them so that eventually, the PC, who is supposed to be a hero, will get significantly stronger than them.

All in all though, kudos to Bethesda for the innovative Level List system, and for making a great game altogether. I hope this little guide helped clear up some of the misconceptions about Level lists.
Quelle: http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=293980